Thursday 30 October 2014

A Sweet Gesture From My Five-Year-Old Son

My eldest son was telling me that his kindergarten teacher said when she was a little girl she wanted to be a teacher one day, and now she is a teacher. I told him that if you work hard you can become whatever you want to be, and that when I was a little girl I wanted to write a book one day. Then he asked me if he could have his own copy of my book. I said "of course". He asked if he could see his copy of my book, so I gave him one. He read the words "Chapter One" and asked me "is this a chapter book?" Then he started flipping through my book -- very gently and slowly lifting the bottom corner of each page and saying "ooh, nice book. There are a lot of words in your book!" He wanted to put a bookmark in it, so that he can continue looking at the pages tomorrow and not lose his place. He was very adamant that I put it away somewhere safe for him to read one day, and told me to remember not to sell it to anyone else. He also asked me if he could write a book one day, too. My heart is melting! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment